- Joint Efforts to Save the Environment (JESE), is an indigenous Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) established in 1993 implementing a diverse portfolio of programs and projects in the greater Rwenzori region and beyond.
- JESE has for the past years focused its interventions on increasing household food security, improving agricultural production and marketing to increase incomes amongst the people of the Rwenzori, promoting environment and natural resources governance, and improving water, sanitation and hygiene at households and in schools.
- VISION: A community where people and nature flourish.
- MISSION: To facilitate innovative actions for sustainable water and natural resources management and improved livelihoods.
- CORE VALUES Respect for the environment, Gender equity, Integrity, Transparency, Team work, Voluntarism
Sustainable Agriculture Trainers Network (SATNET) is a network of 66 registered organisations improving livelihoods of small holder farmers in the Rwenzori region. SATNET works in the eight districts of the Rwenzori region (Bundibugyo, Kabarole, Kamwenge Kasese, Kyenjojo, Ntoroko, Bunyangabu and Kyegegwa). SATNET focuses on family farming inspired by agro ecology through the promotion of ecological organic agriculture, farmer led action research, integrated natural resources management, agribusiness, gender and advocacy. SATNET’s approach is typically participatory based on the principle “Start with what they have”.
A vibrant sustainable Network delivering quality services in the Rwenzori Region.
To empower Member Organizations (MOs) deliver sustainable agri-business services
SATNET’s key partners
Iles de paix (IDP), Broederlijk Delen (BD), Organic Denmark (OD), Integrated seed sector development (ISSD), Participatory ecological land use management of Uganda (PELUM), SNV, and the National organic agriculture movement of Uganda (NOGAMU)